This is by far one of the easiest and delicious recipes I have ever made. If you have a magic bullet, total prep time is about 10 minutes, and the pasta only takes 12 minutes to boil. It's a really good summer recipe, as it is served room temp, or even cold.
Total cooking time: 15 minutes
1/2 box spinach linguine (next time I want to try to make my own)
2 cloves chopped garlic
3 tbs olive oil
2 ripe, soft avocados
1/4 c fresh basil
1. Boil water for pasta. Add salt and 1 tbs olive oil to water. Add the pasta when water reaches a boil.
2. While the pasta is cooking, chop the garlic and put in 'Magic Bullet' along with 2 tbs olive oil, and the juice of one lemon. To prevent the lemon seeds from getting in the blender, I squeeze the lemon directly into my hand and catch the seeds. Pulse on low for just 5 seconds, or enough to mix without liquifying.
3. Drain pasta and set aside to sit at room temp.
3. Add the avocados and fresh basil to the magic bullet, and continue to pulse until creamy.
4. Top the pasta with avocado sauce and garnish with lemon zest and cracked pepper.